LifeMatters EAP & Work/Life Programs
Most organizations have some form of an EAP, whether as a stand-alone benefit offering, one bundled with a managed care program, or “free” through an insurance carrier. In these tough economic times, an EAP plays a critical role in helping employees weather the emotional and financial challenges they face, and in assisting managers in handling tough personnel issues despite diminishing resources and escalating time pressures.
High quality EAPs are an inexpensive benefit that can significantly offset collateral health care costs, absenteeism, turnover, diminished productivity, presenteeism, and other strains on employer resources and profitability. As is the case with many things in life, in the EAP market you get what you pay for. Unlike “free” or non-accredited EAPs, LifeMatters is a robust, top quality service offering significant benefits to employees and employers alike.
NEAS, Inc. is accredited by COA/EASNA. NEAS is licensed as a Specialized Health Care Service Plan under the Knox-Keene Act in the State of California.
Program offerings include:
- Unlimited always-live-answer 24/7 telephonic counseling
- In-person sessions close to home or work
- Crisis intervention and trauma response
- Management consultation and coaching
- Positive drug screen referrals and SAP services
- Tobacco cessation coaching
- Online diabetes self-management program
- Welcome new baby kits
- Child and elder care consultation and referrals
- Adoption consultation and referrals
- Daily living consultation and referrals
- Financial and legal consultation
- Web access with robust topical content and interactive tools
- On-site and web-based orientation and topical training
Click here to learn more about The Value of LifeMatters.
Click here for measurable distinctions of LifeMatters
To request more information on LifeMatters, click here.